Finally, brothers and sisters, rejoice! Strive for full restoration, encourage one another, be of one mind, live in peace. And the God of love and peace will be with you. 2 Corinthians 13.11
Amidst the noise and distractions of your life, can you hear Jesus beckon, “Come unto Me, and I will give you rest.” (Matthew 11.28)? Instead of the usual excuses, perhaps it is time to invest in yourself – with the gift of a whole weekend to nourish your soul! The same Lord who delights over us with singing meets us in a special way when we intentionally draw apart from our responsibilities, gather in surroundings of beauty, and embrace stillness and silence awaiting His voice.
“Serenity & Strength” is a weekend designed for you to better understand God’s heart and embrace His love, peace, and strength in your own life. We have curated an experience which includes teaching, interactive journaling, prayer, personal quiet times, recreation, and worship with the hope you leave renewed and restored – empowered with soul strength for all the days ahead. (Sample schedule: We will tailor the weekend to the needs of your group – one full day; one-night/day event, or full two-night weekend.)
Friday Night: Cultivating Serenity through Dwelling Deep – Lucinda Secrest McDowell
- Afterglow – Guided Small Group Reflections Together
Saturday Morning: Cultivating a Heart Conversation with God – Rachel Britton
- Afterglow – Guided Silent Hour of Personal Prayer and Journaling
Saturday Afternoon: Renewal time for Naps, Walks, Reading, Creativity, Massage, Conversations.
Saturday Night: Cultivating Soul Strength in Tough Times – Lucinda Secrest McDowell
- Afterglow – Guided Season of Prayer for Restoration
Sunday Morning: Cultivating a Grace-filled Life – Rachel Britton
- Afterglow – Guided Small Group Reflections and Goals
- Communion Service and Closing
Let all that I am wait quietly before God, for my hope is in him. Psalm 62.5
- Rachel Britton is a British-born author, writer, and speaker inspiring women in praying naturally: becoming comfortable and confident in our conversation with God. A graduate of Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary, she currently serves as Content and Strategy Director of Radiant NYC, an online magazine community for young women in NYC, and co-directs reNEW – retreat for New England Writing and Speaking. An author of several books, she also writes the prayers you hear when you ask the app, “Alexa, say a prayer.” Rachel, a member of Redbud Writers Guild, lives in New York City but loves to escape to the mountains of Colorado. She can be found online at www.RachelBritton.com
- Lucinda Secrest McDowell is a storyteller and seasoned mentor who engages both heart and mind while “Helping You Choose a Life of Serenity & Strength.” A graduate of Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary and Furman University, McDowell is the award-winning author of 15 books including Soul Strong, Life-Giving Choices, Dwelling Places, and Ordinary Graces. Lucinda, a member of the Redbud Writers Guild and AWSA, co-directs the annual spiritual retreat reNEW – retreat for New England Writing & Speaking and blogs weekly at www.LucindaSecrestMcDowell.com
CONTACT Rachel at firstname.lastname@example.org to chat about your “Serenity & Strength” retreat.