Having worked on ministry staff to women for a large non-denominational church in New England, I know the right speaker can make your event run smoothly and, at the same time, be life-changing for all involved.
My passion is to lead women of all ages into healthy relationships with God, with other people and with themselves. I particularly like to connect with women in their 20s and 30s, both those who know Jesus and those who do not.
Here’s an overview of this page. I hope it will help you start a conversation with me about speaking at your event:
- More about Me
- Sample Speaking Clip
- Most Requested Topics
- What You Can Expect from Me
- Start the Conversation
When Rachel Britton speaks - I listen - because I grow. She speaks with depth, with relevance, and with passion because Rachel speaks from a heart that desires to know God more. Whatever your age or stage, you will be enriched by Rachel's message.
Dr. Cynthia Fantasia
Former Pastor of Women, Grace Chapel, Lexington MA
Rachel Britton has been a guest speaker for several years consecutively on the "Girlville Cruise". Her gentle, sincere delivery is genuine, palatable and extremely well received. Rachel offers wisdom practically and prayer specifically in such a delightful manner, everyone listening leaves wanting more of this mystery called, "prayer."
Kim Bolton, Christian Speaker Singer Musician
Rachel has been a speaker at our Iron Sharpens Iron for Women's conference for the past two years. She has a heart for women and is able to relate her passion of exercise and prayer in a way that's relatable. Her workshops were filled. Rachel's lovely accent makes her that much more enjoyable to listen to. I highly recommend Rachel as a speaker.
Iron Sharpens Iron Speaker Coordinator
Senior Pastor, Emmanuel A.C. Church, Rochester NH
MORE ABOUT ME
I am a British-born speaker, author and blogger.
In 2011 I graduated, cum laude, from Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary with a Masters in Religion.
I speak at women’s retreats, church events, and conferences, as well as participate on speaking teams. In addition, I co-director a conference for writers and speakers called reNEW – retreat for New England Writing.
Through my 501(c)(3) non-profit organization I help women beyond the normal boundaries of our western world. My goal is to be a voice for refugee women; to bring awareness to their situations and suffering and offer dignity and hope through providing for their physical needs. In particular, we are working with South Sudanese refugees in Uganda and refugee women from places such as Syria, Iran and Iraq in Greece.
I am married to Colin, also a Brit, and we have three young adult children. We live between New York City and Breckenridge, Colorado. We like to travel “home” across the pond as well as to other places in the world.
I would love to travel to your event!
Sample Speaking Clip
From Iron Sharpens Iron for Northeast Women, Worcester, MA, October 2015
My talks focus on:
- learning we can be bold on the journey whatever our circumstances, and teaching practical ways to trust God in the middle of difficult situations.
- mastering how to pray so we are changed on the inside and turn a corner with our relationships on the outside.
- always encouraging women to take one step closer to Jesus, whether they have walked with him for years or are just getting to know him.
- sharing biblical knowledge in a relatable way.
- bringing a little bit of Britishness to your event.
Cultivating Heart Conversation With God
Our hearts are important. Caring for our physical hearts is crucial, but more essential is attending to our spiritual hearts. How often have you said “I want to pray more often and more deeply but…”? We begin with enthusiasm but find it difficult to stay committed. Come and be guided on how to have meaningful heart conversation with God, while taking steps to a healthier life. You will learn the value of:
- Changing dressed up conversation into honest, down-to-earth talk.
- Turning wandering thoughts into purposeful prayer.
- Replacing negative reactions with God’s positive affirmations.
- Being bold and deepening your relationship with God.
This topic is available as a single workshop for one-day events, or a series of workshops suitable for a multiple-day retreat.
Prayer Zone Workout Workshop
“I’m going to start exercising… soon.” “I want to pray more often and more deeply… but I get distracted.” Our resolutions to get in shape both physically and spiritually often fall short. We begin with enthusiasm but find it difficult to stay committed. This course, based on the book Prayer Zone Workout for the Heart, will guide you in transforming your heart through prayer, while you exercise your physical heart. If possible, participants practice personal prayer with easy walking, weather permitting. This workshop introduces a new and refreshing way to pray. You will be provided with materials to continue praying and exercising individually or as a group.
Living with confidence when you feel unconfident
Have you ever felt out of place, out of your depth, or out of control of your circumstances? Rachel knows what it is like to live in this way, and the distress this discomfort can bring. Yet, she discovered this is often where God meets with us and we experience him and his love for us in a new and full way. Drawing on examples of biblical characters who lived outside their comfort zone, Rachel brings many truths and lessons that can be learned.
Living Loved: Overcoming your doubts with boldness for God
Do you question if you’ve got what it takes to be devoted to Jesus? We will discover ordinary women can be extraordinary for God in their everyday lives. Rachel will share her own journey from doubt to devotion to being a disciple of Jesus. Her message will help you:
- Replace “I don’t measure up” with “I’ve got what it takes.”
- Let go of the lie you’re not special and know the truth you are treasured.
- Stop thinking you can’t do anything and start realizing you are equipped for good things.
What You Can Expect from Me
- Prompt responses to emails or phone calls
- Honest and reliable communication
- A servant heart and courteous demeanor before, during, and after the presentation
- My absolute best effort in preparation for your event
- My absolute best effort during the event as I deliver the presentation and interact with your event’s participants
- An honest willingness to hear your feedback following the event
If you are interested in starting a conversation with Rachel about your event, please visit our contact form.